Thursday, 2 June 2011

dawn...

Now in this sudden dawn I witness the wake of life,
city buildings slowly light up and human lives roll out of peaceful serenade,
charging in, descendants of the holy lord sweep the bodies out in terrible pain.
Lovers gaze in quiet starry eyes seeking bliss face to face,
children wonder why this thunder of the almighty in glorious rays,
and the homeless moan cursing the start of a new day,
you and me we both just think of all the promises that we once had made.
Shouting, screaming through the stairways of shapeless calamity in urgent ways,
almost feeling, and at times breathing
we are here yet again to die in vain.
Holy you, holy me, holy the love song that played in the warm comfort of bedtime love,
holy the whore who is finally asleep, holy the priest who has finally found God,
holy the dreams that we are ready to fulfill,
holy is the cries and lies and every woman who has ever waved me goodbyes.
Holy in the smoke and the tired thoughts of killing this life,
holy body, holy soul, holy light in the teardrops traversing his eyes,
Holy! Holy! Holy! Holy lives that are still living this day in obscene times.
Mighty people now come out in various shapes,
drenching in yellow, the color of our past and the color of the forthcoming tomorrow,
I have finally found a shade behind the lustful cry for home,
behind the need to rise up in this morning
and the greed to slumber into the realms of goodnight lure.
Clustered in my mind are songs of past,
the ones we sang in high mornings on parapets
and beside the windows of the empty skull while watching blue clouds flow by.
And I will bid you farewell when autumn mornings pour in,
and I will sing the hymns of life that I had learnt in hopeful days,
and I look at myself unrecognizable, like someone else standing in the doorway of my eyes,
and I will love her for time is too short to leave her behind,
and I will chant prayers with soulful madness chasing ghosts of people gone by,
and I will stand up on my feet and then fall on the earth with a willful cry for more,
and I am fine,
all alone in the deserted madness of a thousand faces lurking around, hobnobbing in the foothills of the morning sun.
Maybe someday, you will find me,
maybe then you can rescue me,
take me with you into the fall of the wakeful dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment