And yet again I am homeless,
a truant, a walking being lost,
wandering with tired eyes,
shivering in the coldness of my mind,
looking for a fix beside music bars and lonely cars,
through hollow deserted cries.
And yet again I am looking for something,
something vile to match my style,
and where is the catcher,
I have waited too long in the fields of rye,
where is the hope and the mind seeking dope that I had in my pocket,
and where is the smell of rainy days and the sudden appearance of God's rays.
And yet again I go crazy,
like a little boy seeking the thrill of being all alone,
hiding behind nomad dreams,
with alcohol and rage and screams of being a sage,
crazy in the sidewalk of weekend jazz,
with the urge to live and the hope to die,
just watching people go back in their cage.
And yet again I feel angry,
I had taken Frost's road that is less traveled,
and now am lost,
lost because I can hardly see my aim,
just walking alone, tired, disillusioned,
looking for something I guess.
For mother, for lover, for friends and foes and sidewalk whores,
for God and all the empty souls.
And yet again I am frightened,
scorned and abused,
mocked and rocked with every hateful word.
And yet again I am sad,
sad because that is innate in beings,
since the time Adam was lost without the presence of Eve,
since father cried when I got drugged and mugged by a hundred unknown eyes,
sad because my home is here and yet I am homeless,
nothing belongs to me anymore
except this body and some cigarettes that I can call my own,
and some songs that mother sang in days of gold,
and the kiss that she laid in a resplendent mode.
And yet again I am God,
roaming around sickening beings,
dancing around with whiskey breathe,
with nothing to do and nothing to lose,
blessing everyone with open palms,
entering my devotees' arms,
making love to passing charms,
yes I can sing their prayers in rhyme.
But then as night falls and time crawls in,
I sit beside all the lives and feel homeless yet again.
No comments:
Post a Comment